[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
It is often said that to be empathic you need to have walked in someone else’s shoes for a while to know exactly how they feel. Some are good at this and some not so good. Struggling with it? Fear not, it can be learned (or re-learned).
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Here’s a link to this week’s blog post by Sean
- ‘Why I Want My Daughters To Learn Empathy Rather Than Chinese‘
- ‘5 Ways to Be More Empathetic‘
- ‘Loneliness Is a Silent Killer‘
- ‘Self-Segregation: Why It’s So Hard for Whites to Understand Ferguson‘
- Check out the Empathy Library
- That word that Ed struggled to say… Alexithymia
Resource of the Week
- Sean found a great website which includes an empathy test
- Ed heartily recommends the book he mentioned in the show, Empathy: Why It Matters, and How to Get It by Roman Krznaric
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).