[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
Envy, one of the seven deadly sins, is something that a good chunk of the population will struggle with at some point. The thing is, envy, desire, jealously, et al. are all forms of anxiety – we’re projecting forward to a future that is not yet here.
It’s not all bad though, as those pangs of envy can drive us forward to achieve some remarkable things.
Enjoy this weeks episode of The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean played with Screaming Lord Sutch! True story
- T Harv Eker and his great book, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind got another mention today
- Ed got another mention of Seinfeld in this week. His documentary ‘Comedian’ is worth a look
- ‘Oxytocin, chemical of connection and envy‘
- ‘Intranasal administration of oxytocin increases envy and schadenfreude (gloating)‘
Resource of the Week
- Sean mentioned something that Ed couldn’t pronounce, the ‘Bhagavadgita‘
- Ed urges you to grab a copy of The News: A Users Manual by Alain de Botton
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).