What’s Coming This Episode?
Why detox? Well, if we cleanse our mind by meditating, then we can cleanse our bodies by undertaking a detox. Sean detoxes regularly and he’s currently part way through a serious, 90 day detox. Wowzers!
Sean and Ed are discussing all things food this week and the show contains more than one disclaimer. We’ll repeat it now for clarity: consult your doctor or a qualified nutritionist before undergoing any major changes to your diet.
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- A good place to start reading is Sean’s recent blog post about his 90 Day Detox
- Here’s Sean’s original 13 Day Detox page
- Robert Lustig’s YouTube talk ‘Sugar: The Bitter Truth‘ is a must watch
- Interested in these Blue Zones that Ed mentioned? Start here…
- Yet another mention for out friend Conrad Rafique, a fine, fine personal trainer and nutritional expert
- It’s been a while since we mentioned the great folks at Lift App and their Quantified Diet is well worth a look if you’re thinking about changing your eating habits (great blog post about it here by the founder, Tony Stubblebine)
- Check out the No Meat Athlete site for info on how to get energy in your body minus the meat
- Does milk cause cancer?
- ‘Fauja Singh becomes oldest marathon runner’
- That quote that Ed attempted, by Uncle Monty in Withnail and I
Resource of the Week
- Sean gave another mention to his own 13 Day Detox which is a great intro for everyone to the world of the detox
- Ed suggest you take a look at Jamie Oliver’s TED Talk: Teach every child about food
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).