[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
You’ll spend roughly 30% of your entire life asleep. Why do we sleep? Well, the much of the science of sleep is a mystery, but the restorative functions that it brings are as important as any aspect of your routine. It’s vital that you sleep well.
Sleep deprivation can make you snappy, depressed, impulsive and more.
You need to pay attention to your sleep. Here’s why… Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Follow Ed’s amateur karting team on Facebook
- Go and see the film Gravity now! Go!
- We talked about meditation quite a bit… more here in last week’s meditation special
- What happens to your body while you’re asleep?
- The circadian rhythm
- Shiftwork health effects
- Do you microsleep?
- Ghrelin – ‘The Hunger Hormone’
- Sleepiness and dehydration
- Napping. The Four Hour Body – How to get 8 Hours of sleep in just Four Hours
- The Napping Habits of 8 Famous Men
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends Paul McKenna’s brilliant (if slightly aggressively titled) I Can Make You Sleep.
- Ed encourages you to read the Five Best Sleep Tracking Gadgets or Apps. Particular nod to the Jawbone Up gadget that links to your smart phone. Amazing.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).