[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
Last week it was sleep. This week: dreams! Whether you remember them in the morning or not, you do dream. But why do we dream? For all sorts of reasons! If you want a better understanding of yourself then perhaps you could pay more attention to your dreams.
Do you remember many of your dreams? Do you record them? Have you done much work to try and understand them? There are even people who have learnt to control their dreams. Imagine the creative potential of that.
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Check out the trailer for Don Jon.
- Check out calm.com for guided meditations
- Check out episode 24 if you haven’t already: The Science of Sleep
- Another film recommendation from Ed – Inception (YOU MUST WATCH THIS FILM)
- More on sleepwalking (somnambulism)
- Sleep, memory and dreams. A great TED Talk by Robert Stickgold
- Have a look at @dreams on Twitter
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends that you simply keep a journal by your bed to record your dreams in the moment you wake up
- Ed has found a wonderful app for iPhone called Dream:ON. Take a look
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).