What’s Coming This Episode?
Meditation can be an oasis of calm in the madness of life. For thousands of years, human beings have been using meditation to gain a better understanding of themselves and the world around them. For a few years now, the ever-growing team at Headspace have been spreading the message of meditation via their wonderful guides recordings.
We’re delighted to welcome Dr David Cox, Chief Medical Officer at Headspace, onto our show this week to talk about some of the science behind meditation. Part 2 of our Meditation Special features the full version of the interview that Sean and Ed recorded.
Some of the questions asked:
- How long should a person meditate for
- Is meditation affecting medication levels for conditions such as depression, anxiety, etc.
- How many users does Headspace work with? Do people stick with it?
- Does Headspace work for all religious beliefs?
- What is the future for Headspace?
Enjoy the show! Links and show notes below as ever (part 1 available here…).
Show Notes and Links
- “Andy Puddicombe is doing for meditation what Jamie Oliver has done for food” – Headspace in the New York Times
- David’s profile on the Headspace site
- The science behind mindfulness
- Meditation brain scans
- Arianna Huffington and The Third Metric
- Emma Watson loves Headspace
- Andy on Dr. Oz interview on US TV
Resource of the Week
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).