[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
The subject of faith crops up a lot during our conversations. Mindfulness ins’t quite a recognised religion yet buy perhaps that’s for the best given the rough ride that Islam has had of late. We thought it was time we learnt more about what it really means to be a practicing Muslim in the 21st century.
Huge thanks to friend of the show Rahmen for his huge input this week. So much to learn from and digest (spoiler – it turns out we can all learn a lot from what Islam stands for). This one is an epic…
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean wrote a blog post on this subject. Have a read…
- Headspace is the place to go for meditation
- A short burst of ‘The Message’ on YouTube
- The guys talked a little about fasting and the 5-2 Diet
- Here’s a link to Rahmen’s alter ego, where he doubles as a Six Sigma expert
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends Islam for Dummies (brave title!)
- Ed mentioned an app called Zero that will ease you into the world of fasting. Info and download links here
- Rahmen was kind enough to share the Surah Mulk. If you’re looking for something different to meditate to then this is it (info about it’s meaning here)
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).