What’s Coming This Episode?
When do we stop being children and become ‘adults’? When we turn 13? After leaving school or home? How about when we stop learning in general? We often look at young children as beings that need to be taught, but another reality is focusing on what they can teach us.
As we grow older we learn prejudice, fear and anxiety. Once you realise that this has been learned then you’re free to make the change and release your inner child.
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Details about Sean’s Detox can be found here
- Sean donated some money to Marie Curie, a wonderful charity
- Ed mentions a book ‘One Mole Digging a Hole‘ that he read to his son. What do bees wear? Sunglasses!
- Watch Sir Ken Robinson talk about creativity in schools
- Anatomy of Disgust (not fear, as Ed said!) is a fascinating experiment with kids
Resource of the Week
- Sean wants you to dig out your atlas and go somewhere new! Also, read this article: How to Have Fun Like Children: 15 Joyful Tips
- Ed returns to his childhood roots with a game recommendation – a game for iPad/iPhone (and most other systems) called LIMBO. Amazing atmospheric, tricky and stylish. A work of art!
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).