[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
We all have very different experiences of pain. The fact that pain is in the mind can be tricky to accept, but even harder to deny. Some are able to withstand much more than others, both psychical and emotional. All together now – pain is in the brain! Pain is in the brain!
Ed apologises if he sounds a little tired this week. He’s just got back from a few days in Munich with 15+ loutish lads. Great city!
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Thanks to the wonderful team at Good Podcasts who keep on plugging our show
- Brian Blessed using various swear words to increase his tolerance of pain (not safe for work!)
- Some more information about Phantom Limb Pain
- Sean mentioned a set of books he once read called The Gormenghast Trilogy
- The Black Knight from Monty Python and The Holy Grail
- Sean and I are out for dinner this week with our pal Daffyd – check out his website Symbols of Light
- That scene from Marathon Man. Ouch.
- Watch this video about Loneliness before next weeks show if you can 🙂
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends The Back Book, because you’re only as young as your spine guys and girls!
- Ed demands that you watch 127 Hours, an amazing film by Danny Boyle. It’s a true story folks.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).