What’s Coming This Episode?
The world lost Mia Austin this week. Mia’s life took a tragic turn when she was just 21 years of age but, despite this, Mia and her family made the most of everything they had. What can we learn from Mia and how can we gain perspective on our lives and our place in the universe?
Enjoy the show and take care, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean has written a blog post to accompany this episode
- Mountains for Mia
- Mia wrote a book and you can learn all about it here
- 3 ways to gain perspective
- Some thoughts on stoicism and practical tips
Resource of the Week
- Sean talked about the need for us to develop a living will
- Ed really thinks you should read In the Blink of an Eye: The Story of Mia Austin and Her Triumph over Locked-In Syndrome
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).