What’s Coming This Episode?
Have you ever read your horoscope and thought, ‘Hey, that’s soooooo right!’ Well, er, yeah. So have we. There’s a good reason why, but don’t get too upset that you’ve been played. There are some upsides to ‘the Barnum Effect’ so let’s have a chat about how easy we are to manipulate…
Enjoy the show and take care, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean has written a blog post to accompany this episode
- What is The Barnum Effect?
- Cognitive biases
- The Barnum effect is why this article knows exactly what kind of person you are curiosity
Resource of the Week
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).