What’s Coming This Episode?
October 10th is World Mental Health Day. It feels as though mental health is only just starting to be discussed openly and honestly. It’s hard to quantify just how big of a problem poor mental health is but, with 800,000 suicides globally each year then it’s safe to say we’ve got our work cut out. Step 1 is to talk, so let’s have a go…
Enjoy the show and take care, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean has written a blog post to accompany this episode
- A bit about the day courtesy of the WHO
- … and a bit more UK focus
- The scale of the challenge we face re. suicide
- Stats on suicide levels in the UK
- UK appoints it’s first ‘suicide prevention minister’
- We recorded this weeks show on our new camera… a test run!
Resource of the Week
- Sean gave a shout out to The Happy Newspaper. Get it!
- Ed has seen a cracking (and relevant) movie in the past few days
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).