[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
A serious topic this week: domestic abuse.
Where does it come from? Why does it take so long for those suffering to speak out? There are countless underlying issues to discuss here, and Sean spends roughly 20% of his professional life dealing with this in one form another. So here goes.
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Here’s a link to this week’s blog post by Sean
- ‘Domestic violence experienced by 30% of female population, survey shows‘
- Refuge is a wonderful charity that helps women and children that are seeking domestic violence help
- The equivalent, for men seeking help
- ‘Smacking does children no harm if they feel loved, study claims‘
Resource of the Week
- Sean encourages you to check out a couple more organisations that are doing some fantastic work in this field. For men: Esteem and for women check out Women’s Aid
- Ed decided to recommend The Godfather I and The Godfather II. Watch them over and over.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).