What’s Coming This Episode?
At what point do we stand back from life, do we retire?
For some people this begins at fifty and for others it never happens. Our definition of success and happiness is waking with a smile on your face feeling that you have something that you truly want to get out of bed for something to go and do that if both meaningful and fulfilling. For many this is called work, though many do not realise it until they retire.
Whether you do it for money, or the love of it, don’t stand back, remain involved and engaged in the process of life and living. We promise you that you will be happier.
It’s The Self Help Podcast! Enjoy the show 🙂
Show Notes and Links
- Sean’s blog post from this is worth a read
- Sean and Ed talked about Blue Zones AGAIN
- Not bought our book yet? Why ever not?!
- Why work more? We should be working less for a better quality of life
- Best retirement advice for many: Never retire
- 5 Compelling Reasons Never to Retire
- The Tim Ferris Show is online, really cool podcast
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommended a book ‘Avoid Retirement and Stay Alive: The New Retirement Revolution‘ by David Bogan and Keith Davies
- Ed has a TED Talk for you. ‘The Power of Time Off‘ by Stefan Sagmeister
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).