What’s Coming This Episode?
The word ‘Mindfulness’ and the phrase ‘to be mindful’ seems to be cropping up more and more in popular culture. What IS mindfulness, what does it mean and is it worth the hype? Well, if it’s good enough for Novak Djokovic, then it’s good enough for us. Be calm, live longer! Sean and Ed dive in…
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean is doing ‘The 5:2 Diet‘. Some good and bad reviews online.
- Ed is reading the Louise Hay book ‘You Can Heal Your Life‘. Get on it. Affirmations!
- Teaching Children Meditation and Mindfulness - great article by Dawn Gluskin
- Loneliness is Deadly. Fascinating article by Jessica Olien
- EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques (thanks Garry for the heads up!)
- Novak Djokovic combines Buddhist Mindfulness and Tennis at Wimbledon
- Listen to Andy Puddicombe’s (he of the wonderful meditation resource Headspace) TED talk - All it takes is 10 mindful minutes
- Dictionary definition of mindfulness
- 1 Billion Heartbeats – The length of a lifetime
- One-Moment Meditation: “How to Meditate in a Moment”
Resource of the Week
- Sean wants you to check out an online exam that you can take in ‘benefits of mindfulness‘. Put together by the American Psychological Association. Nice!
- Ed is a big fan of calm.com. Take a few minutes out wherever you are and focus. Available simply as a website or on your shiny iPhone.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).