[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
This week Sean and Ed talked about anxiety. In Sean’s own words, anxiety is the single biggest issue affecting the health and well being of the people of planet earth. Would 30 minutes really be enough time to put this one to bed? We gave it a good go…
Show Notes and Links
- Spring had arrived! We discuss the British obsession with the weather
- Sean’s 13 Day Detox
- Angelina Jolie and her decision to have a double mastectomy
- Chris Hadfield is a (now) famous astronaut that was live-tweeting photos from space.
- Interesting research into why identical twins can take such different life paths.
- Anxiety defined
- Sean talked about the brain, specifically the limbic system and the amygdala
- The anatomy of disgust (video) – why do we react emotionally to certain things?
- The Rewinding Technique
Resource of the Week
- Ed recommended an iPhone (and now web) app called Lift. It allows you to track, monitor and nurture good habits in your life. Sign up and search for Edward Lamb and you can see how I’m doing. Sean is using it with some of his clients too with very interesting and positive results.
- Sean talked about a book called The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook by James A Duke.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes (coming soon!)
Leave a Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).