[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
Silence is a funny thing. For most people, it simply doesn’t exist. As soon as we’re awake the TV or radio is on and the phone is pinging away with notifications. So why have we arrived at this place where so many of us are desperate to fill every available slot in our diary with *something*? Pray silence please…
Enjoy the show and take care, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Here’s Sean’s blog post for the week
- A video by today’s inspiration, Erling Kagge
- How silence can free you from painful thoughts
- Silence in the smartphone age
Resource of the Week
- Sean mentioned a few classic mediation apps – Headspace & Calm, plus our own of course!
- Ed dropped the name of the book Silence in the Age of Noise by Erling Kagge (thanks to our listener for the heads up)
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).