What’s Coming This Episode?
The EU debate and upcoming referendum is about many things but one of the key issues is around immigration. Ed & Sean felt it was time to talk about outsiders and why we seem to have an almost inbuilt distrust of people from the other side of the hill, river, sea or ocean…
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean wrote a blog post on this subject. Have a read…
- What is xenophobia?
- Does Territoriality Drive Human Aggression?
- What characteristic of human psychology drives people to be so territorial about their airplane seat?
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommended a book called Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence
- Ed suggests you check out Where To Invade Next, Michael Moore’s most recent documentary
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).