What’s Coming This Episode?
Remember when Oliver Twist had the audacity to ask for more? Who could blame is. Today, many of us seem constantly dissatisfied despite our relative immense wealth (if you’re reading this message, odds are that you’re in the top 10% richest people in the world). So why do we always want more and how can we learn to be happy with what we have?
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean wrote a blog post on this subject, have a read
- Why do we want more than we need?
- The curse of ‘too much’
- Quora tackles the question of ‘why do we want more’
- Why ‘more’ won’t make you happier
- Episode 1 of ‘Status Anxiety’ by Alain de Botton
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends a good blog post – ‘How to get out of debt: Your ten-step plan to getting your finances back under control‘
- Ed is getting into the whole environmental debate. We all need to. A good place to start is Paul Gilding’s ‘The Great Disruption’.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).