[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
I think we can all agree that parenting is a rather important book. The thing about being a parent though, is that there is no text book. There’s no hard and fast way to raise a human being. Sometimes, we make mistakes – maybe we’re overprotective, perhaps we’re under-protective, too strict or goodness knows what.
It’s an important job but sometimes we make the wrong calls and, over a long enough time line the routines and habits we teach can have a long term, negative impact. So how do we pick up the pieces?
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Here’s a link to this week’s blog post by Sean
- ‘Why Japanese Kids Can Walk to School Alone‘
- You really need to learn about Mr. Donald Winnicott
- ‘The Side Effects of Overprotective Parenting‘
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers is one
- Ed is a bit obsessed with this Japanese TV show that sends kids off by themselves to run errands for their parents
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).