What’s Coming This Episode?
Families. Can’t live with them, can’t [insert witty line here]. But what about when we inherit a whole new family when we meet a new partner, with children that have grown up without us? It’s a situation that many folks find themselves in so let’s dive in…
Enjoy the show, it’s The Self Help Podcast!
Show Notes and Links
- Here’s a link to this week’s blog post by Sean
- ‘I love him but not his kids‘
- Check out the online forum Childless Step Mums
- Step-Parenting and Blended Families – HelpGuide.org
- Do You Feel Like an Outsider With Your Stepchildren? (yes we ‘borrowed’ this title)
Resource of the Week
- Sean has found a great tool called Planiclik. Planiclik is a private family space that allows for effective planning of your family schedule. Superb! There’s also a great blog post that discloses the ‘real reason children hate their step mothers‘.
- Ed suggests you acquaint yourself with Scott Dinsmore, but was very sad to hear of his recent passing. Check out his amazing legacy at Live Your Legend or watch the TEDx talk he gave. We’ll miss you Scott.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).