What’s Coming This Episode?
Worrying is a habit, being happy is a habit. If you are a worrier, or if you are happy, where did you learn it?
When you are a worrier it is a form of obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD. Rumination on anything will make it bigger and bigger. It follows that rumination on positive things will lead to positive feelings and happiness. So…
Don’t worry, be happy. It’s The Self Help Podcast! Enjoy the show 🙂
Show Notes and Links
- Sean has of course written a blog post for this week’s show and here it is
- Here’s the chap that is documenting his progress whilst he works his way through our LITP book. We LOVE this
- We always bang on about the local coffee shop we hang out in, here where you can find it
- Letters from a Stoic by Seneca might just change your life
- More on Stoicism here
Resource of the Week
- Sean has found a great web page titled How to Stop Worrying: Self-Help Strategies for Anxiety Relief
- Ed is addicted to reading the Philosophers’ Mail, an offshoot of Alain de Botton’s The News: A User’s Manual
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).