[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
Why are you listening to this podcast when you could be doing something productive hey?! Only joking of course, listening to Sean and Ed is a fine way to spend your time.
Seriously though, it’s never been easier to be distracted from the work in hand. Dealing with those distractions isn’t so easy. Sean talks in terms of displacement, but what could that mean? Switch off your phone, turn off the telly and spend 45 minutes focussed on this…
It’s The Self Help Podcast. Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Sean has (or had) DOMS!
- He’s OK now though, and he’s running a 10k soon… please donate to a worthy cause if you can!
- Oculus Rift? What’s that? It’ll be big, mark our words…
- The Cure for Your Distraction Syndrome on ZenHabits
Resource of the Week
- Sean wants you to breathe. Check out Light on Pranayama: The Definitive Guide to the Art of Breathing on Amazon
- Ed has a great website to look at when you’re actively seeking distraction – kottke.org. Also, try Readabilty if you’re looking to save articles to read later, rather than let them take you away from that important work you need to get done
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).