What’s Coming This Episode?
Apologies in advance for the quality of Ed’s sound in this one… small gremlin in the works!
Having a child is arguably the seminal moment in a person or couple’s life. Its undeniably wonderful for all sorts of reasons, but what else can’t be denied are the pressures and challenges that another person in your life can put you, your relationship and a thousand other areas of your life under. So yes, children are a challenge.
Sean and Ed are here to help once again – let us know in the comments what you think of this weeks episode.
It’s The Self Help Podcast. Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Sponsor Sean for his upcoming 10k run!
- Dairy free chocolate? Check out Booja-Booja
- Wirral Talking Newspaper and Free Cakes for Kids (Wirral branch here!) are doing some fine, fine work
- ‘Cost of raising a child rises to £227,000‘
- The original Dr Spock thought he knew it all when it came to child rearing
- Families Need Fathers!
- Families Need Mothers!
- Great TED Talk on Ice to the Brim about the pressure to keep a child happy
- More about a Kibbutz
Resource of the Week
- Sean mentions a line from an interesting book called The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (our children don’t belong to us)
- Ed is a big fan of Pregnancy for Men by Mark Woods, a great read for new Dad’s
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).