What’s Coming This Episode?
Apparently four year olds laugh, on average, 300 times a day. The average 40 year old? Only four. What’s up with THAT?
Laughter is good for your health. It can boost your immune system, reduce stress, alleviate pain and attract all sorts of wonderful people to you. So, yes, maybe laughter is medicine.
Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Links
- Ed’s into his cinnamon and honey at the moment. Here’s why (note the distinct lack of actual science mentioned, therefore feel free to ignore this advice and listen to your doctor)
- Cinnamon-related wise-cracking from Jim Carrey, have a good laugh at this
- Do animals laugh?
- “The average four-year-old laughs 300 times a day, a 40-year-old, only four.”
- How Laughter Boosts Your Immune System, Reduces Stress and More
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- World’s oldest joke was classic toilet humour
- Check out Laughter Lab by Richard Wiseman
- Tim Vine wins joke of the year award
Resource of the Week
- Sean recommends the book Laughology: Improve Your Life With the Science of Laughter by Stephanie Davies
- Ed threw a few links out there this week. Check out Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Podcast and some Bill Hicks if you like some out there comedy, early Jim Carrey is genius and of course there’s The Marx Brothers, Woody Allen and Jerry Seinfeld. Dive in!
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).