[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
Holidays. Buckets and spades, water slides, tension-filled airports and sun burnt faces. A good holiday is hard to come by and, if you’re not careful, can result in higher stress levels than before you set off.
Autumn is starting to close in here in the UK which can be a tough time for those in strained relationships (both with others and themselves), in fact, now might be a great time to take a vacation! Before you do though, let Sean and Ed fill your ears with some advice.
Some points for discussion: What do you consider to be a holiday? Do you feel at all anxious before you set off? If so, you might not be heading to the right place. IF you are heading away with someone soon, think about sitting down with them before you leave and talking about what you both want from your time away.
First, they had a whole batch of iTunes reviews to mention before they really got started this week. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help us with your feedback and support. If you haven’t already and would like to, here’s the link to leave us an honest review of The Self Help Podcast.
Enjoy the show 🙂
Show Notes and Links
- Ed was in Kielder, Northumberland. It’s the darkest place in the UK (at night), didn’t you know?
- Sean’s Detox link
- Health effects of holidays ‘fade within fortnight’
- Sir David Frost is no more, sadly. He did so much in his life
- History of the word ‘holiday’
- This is where Ed goes on holiday
- Sean likes his lakes and has been here many times
- Episode 1 of our podcast was all about sunlight, which ties in with why we, rather stupidly, head for the sun in the summer, rather than the winter
Resource of the Week
- Sean had the audacity of mentioning one of his own meditation recordings, Relax & Let Go. It’s been around for years and has helped thousands of people over the years. Get your copy here.
- Ed recommends a podcast, Tropical MBA which is presented by Dan and Ian. Get your work-life balance ideas going guys.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).