[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
How do we differentiate between an addiction and a habit? Is one worse than the other? Sean has live quite a life and has been addicted to all sorts. Now he says he’s ‘addicted to life’. Ed is addicted to oxygen and water. Oh, and information too. He’s one of those people that reaches for his phone within seconds of waking.
How about you? Do you like your habits? Let us know in the comments below.
Sean and Ed are back from their holidays and working hard. Sean talks about the latest in brain research which is pretty darn fascinating. Ed is focused on the new Premier League season. Go soccer fans!
Enjoy the show 🙂
Show Notes and Links
- False memory planted in mouse’s brain
- Difference between Habit and Addiction
- Sean mentioned the Limbic System within our brains
- Can self harm become an addiction?
- Hypnosis – does it really work?
- The 10,000 Hour Rule
- Here’s what Bethan looks like 🙂
Resource of the Week
- Sean mentioned the Guardian Eyewitness app that will fill your mind with wonderful stories and images. Get on it.
- Ed recommends that you signup for Upworthy emails. Amazing stories delivered to you – my kind of news 🙂
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).