[button link=”https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-self-help-podcast/id663490789″ bg_color=”#2d7ec4″]Subscribe to The Self Help Podcast in iTunes[/button]
What’s Coming This Episode?
How quick are you to forgive? Sean is very clear – if you want to move on from a negative incident you’ll have to learn to forgive. For some, however, the idea of forgiveness is impossible to comprehend.
Sean talks candidly about his father who, for a variety of reasons, was a bit of a bugger. It took time, but Sean has forgiven him and moved on (in fact, he’s actually grateful to his Dad for a few things).
Enjoy the show and let us know where you stand on this one.
Show Notes and Links
- The CIPP – a great organisation that Sean has been working with
- Sean’s news was related to out ‘Male Revolution’ podcast
- He also mentioned a book called ‘India Dishonoured‘ by Sunny Hundal, which focuses on gender inequality in India
- Ed reflects a year on from London 2012
- Man that ran the London Marathon aged 101
- Chapter 1 in our book in Forgiveness
- Examples of amazing acts of forgiveness can be found here, here and here. There are plenty more.
- Nelson Mandela knew how to forgive and inspired a whole army of people
Resource of the Week
- Sean mentions a book by a chap he’s a big fan of – Andrew Marr’s A History of the World.
- Ed talks about a book called Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It by Kamal Ravikant. Follow him on Twitter. Top guy.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave a Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).