Note from Ed: We ran over a little bit this week – Sean and Ed just couldn’t shut up! Apologies to all who are used to listening on their 30 minutes commute to work! That said, we’ve had a lot of feedback that people would like the show to be longer. Let us know if you agree!
What’s Coming This Episode?
Let’s be clear from the start: 100% honesty is, thank goodness, completely impossible. Ed starts the debate in typically intellectual fashion by talking about the big budget Jim Carrey movie ‘Liar, Liar’. Being honest 100% of the time will land you in a whole lot of trouble in minutes. From a very early age we test the boundaries of what can and can’t be said, eg. ‘where’s your big fat belly?’ (this will make sense, we promise).
Be sure to check out Ed’s Jack Nicholson impression.
Sean is busy building his loft conversion / recording studio. He’s set himself a TWO MONTH deadline to complete this and we implore all of our loyal listeners to hold him to this. Ed has been out racing his kart again. Joy of joys.
In other news, in turns out that celebrity TV chefs may be way off the mark when it comes to the nutritional excellence of their food. Shock! Horror! Ed is only too happy to talk about a clever chap called Jacque Fresco, the 97 year old visionary and architect. Be sure to look up The Venus Project.
Enjoy the show 🙂
Show Notes and Links
- Jo Casey is officially a friend of ours. Check out her awesome website and thanks for the review, Jo!
- Celebrity chef recipes may be bad for your health
- Tomorrow’s cities: How the Venus Project is redesigning the future
- Listen to an in depth interview with Jacque Fresco on London Real
- Liar, Liar starring Jim Carrey. Decent little film!
- ‘You want the truth? YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!’
- How Nick Leeson broke the bank
- What the devil is NLP?
- Kirlian photography
Resource of the Week
- Sean loves his audio books and has been listening to Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness. Get on it.
- Aside from Liar, Liar (DVD available here!), Ed recommends that you dive into Foundation, a series of interviews with hotshot entrepreneurs. Foundation is presented by Kevin Rose who recently shot to fame when he threw a racoon down some stairs.
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes
Leave us an Honest Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).