What’s Coming This Episode?
Chasing that perfect work life balance? Maybe you should come at it from another angle. This week Sean has been working with clients around the world using FaceTime. Ed has been listening to a lot of Daft Punk. We both discuss Stephen Hawking, Katie Hopkins, names and the top 5 regrets of the dying. Enjoy!
Show Notes and Links
- The great and wonderful Stephen Hawking has been talking at Caltech.
- A young chap called Jordan Hassey drove a long way to see him talk
- Katie Hopkins almost killed YouTube with her exciting mix of snobbery and pseudo-facts
- How Much Does Your Name Matter? A New Freakonomics Radio Podcast
- Our very own (and mightily popular ‘Work Life Balance Tips‘ blog post
- Top five regrets of the dying – The Guardian
- Our ‘Procrastination‘ blog post – it’s not all bad!
Resource of the Week
- Sean mentioned a whole human being – Tim Ferriss. Grab his book The 4 Hour Work Week, The 4 Hour Chef and The 4 Hour Body, all of which are incredible bodies of work. Tim’s blog is magnificent and you can find him on Twitter, Facebook and all over YouTube.
- Ed spared a few moments for Sir Ken Robinson, a wonderful creativity expert. His book The Element is a must read. Here’s his massively popular and influential TED Talk titled ‘Do Schools Kill Creativity?‘
Stay in Touch
We’re all over the web, so feel free to stay in touch:
- Follow Live in the Present on Twitter and Facebook for daily doses of inspiration
- Follow presenter Edward Lamb on Twitter
- Follow therapist Sean Orford on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes (coming soon!)
Leave a Review on iTunes
We’d be amazingly grateful if you could leave us a review on iTunes. It will really help us to build our audience. So, if your like what you hear (and would like to hear more great free content) then visit our iTunes page and leave us an honest review (all feedback gratefully received!).